My grandmother used to make over thirty different types of Christmas cookies. This recipe was always one of the thirty. Growing up, my mom, sister and I made them every year as well. They are my daughter’s favorite. So EASY!!! They have the best texture if they are made on a dry day. I double the recipe and use 1 small box of gelatin, and 1 bag of mini chocolate chips.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 T raspberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup minature chocolate chips
- Beat egg whites with salt until foamy. Add raspberry gelatin & sugar gradually, beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Mix in vinegar, fold in chocolate bits.
- Drop from teaspoon (or using a cookie scoop & a teaspoon!), onto 3 parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes. Turn oven OFF. Leave cookies in the oven 2 hours to overnight.
Yield: Makes about 9 dozen.