I have a million salad dressing recipes. This is the easiest one to throw together at the last minute, so I make it all of the time. I put all of the ingredients into my Cuisinart mini-prep and then transfer the finished product into a jar. It keeps for a few days in the refrigerator. This recipe is from Martha Stewart , but I increased the amount of vinegar- I prefer red wine vinegar.
- 1 shallot, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (or coarse ground mustard)
- 3 T red or white wine vinegar
- 6 T extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper