My husband said “I don’t get it- it tastes just like broccoli rabe and shrimp.” It is just broccoli rabe and shrimp! It was also a tasty dinner that took 20 minutes to make- and was healthy. I thought that it was a perfect quick dish because I love broccoli rabe and he loves shrimp. 🙂 To please my husband, we ate it with pappardelle noodles. The sesame oil gives the dish a special, surprise flavor. This recipe was adapted from the New York Times, contributed by Melissa Clark.
Yield: 2 to 3 servings
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, tough bottom stems removed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes, or to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Orange wedges, for serving, optional
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss broccoli with 2 tablespoons olive oil, the sesame oil if using, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon chile flakes. In a separate bowl, combine shrimp, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the orange zest, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon chile flakes.
2. Spread broccoli and shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast, tossing once or twice halfway through, until shrimp are just opaque and broccoli is tender and golden around the edges, about 10 minutes. Serve with orange wedges, if desired.