I can’t believe that I bought cabbage! I got so much cabbage in my CSA box last year that I started making all sorts of new things outside of the “coleslaw box”. 🙂 But, my husband wanted coleslaw to go with his Father’s Day pulled pork sandwiches…. This is the perfect recipe. We love it. It is adapted from my gold standard vegetarian cookbook- the Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen. Quick to make with a food processor too.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (about 1/2 of a head)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 medium-sized tart apples, such as Granny Smith, grated
- 2 T cider vinegar
- 2 T honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cashews, optional
- handful of raisins, optional
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Serve chilled.