Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 3 cups mixed fresh herbs, such as basil, parsley, and cilantro (I used basil and parsley)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- small red or yellow potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- In a food processor, combine herbs, garlic, and vinegar; then add capers and anchovy fillets. Pulse until coarsely chopped, 20 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook potatoes in salted, boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Combine warm potatoes with salsa verde, to taste. (I used about 1/4 cup for approximately 1 quart of potatoes.)
– Toss with steamed beans.
– Mix with crumbled feta and serve on crostini or crackers.
– Spoon over thinly sliced grilled skirt steak.
– Drizzle on baked salmon or shrimp.
– Use as a sandwich spread.
– Stir into drained and rinsed canned black beans.
– Add to scrambled eggs on toast.