I have FOUR absolutely gorgeous heads of lettuce from my CSA share….. I am going to be eating salad for lunch and dinner this week! I decided that I needed to make these salads a little more exciting, so I tried a new dressing. 🙂 This recipe was adapted from the Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, via Martha Stewart Living. I added 4 cloves of garlic, but the intensity of the dressing could easily be modified by adding less. This dressing was wonderful and also healthy because of the use of Greek yogurt instead of sour cream or mayonnaise to add creaminess. It is similar to a green goddess dressing.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, or to taste (2-4 medium garlic cloves)
- 2/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1-2 lemons)
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Puree parsley, water, and garlic in a food processor or blender until smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until just combined. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 week.