I have FOUR absolutely gorgeous heads of lettuce from my CSA share….. I am going to be eating salad for lunch and dinner this week! I decided that I needed to make these salads a little more exciting, so I tried a new dressing. 🙂 This recipe was adapted from the Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, via Martha Stewart Living. I added 4 cloves of garlic, but the intensity of the dressing could easily be modified by adding less. This dressing was wonderful and also healthy because of the use of Greek yogurt instead of sour cream or mayonnaise to add creaminess. It is similar to a green goddess dressing.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, or to taste (2-4 medium garlic cloves)
- 2/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1-2 lemons)
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Puree parsley, water, and garlic in a food processor or blender until smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until just combined. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 week.
Thank you! It is particularly delicious on Boston lettuce- and also (surprisingly?) on arugula.
Mmm…I can imagine that it is rather good on both. I tend to frequently have all those ingredients on hand so will definitely give it a try:)
I have parsley taking over my yard– I was happy to use some before the cold kills it.
Always on the look-out for a good, new salad dressing and I like the idea of using feta in yours. I’ll be sure to give it a try. Thanks.
Thanks- the feta is a nice addition. We usually top our green salad with a little sprinkling of feta, so this dressing worked well for us! 🙂
This dressing sounds delicious, the photo is fabulous!!!!
Thanks! You would really like it- I know you are a green goddess fan. 🙂
The green goddess feta dressing was wonderful on apple,cabbage,red pepper slaw . Thank you!
Yay! I’m so happy that you enjoyed it!