I know…. It seems crazy to post a garlic bread recipe- but this one is PERFECT. It is reminiscent of our beloved pizza parlor garlic knots. 🙂 This recipe was adapted from Martha Stewart Kids. I omitted the broiling step. We enjoyed it with Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs and AGAIN with One-Pan Pasta. Mmmm….. What’s not to like?
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1/2 loaf French or Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with a rack in the top position. Slice bread in half horizontally.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, garlic, and salt. Spread seasoned butter on cut sides of both bread halves.
- Reclose halves to form a sandwich, and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake 10 minutes.
- Optional Finishing Touch: Switch oven setting to broil. Remove bread from oven, and remove foil. Lay bread halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Place under broiler until butter bubbles and edges of bread start to turn brown, about 30 seconds.
- Let cool slightly, then slice into serving pieces.
One Year Ago: