I love the combination of asparagus and eggs. We eat asparagus year-round, but I definitely serve it more often in the spring. Tender spring asparagus is hard to beat. 🙂 I planned a meal around this side dish because I REALLY wanted to make (& eat!) it. This recipe was adapted from Martha Stewart Living. The dish is named for the pretty yellow-and-white flower, mimicked by the fluffy hard-boiled egg sprinkled over the top of the dish. The presentation was beautiful and it was so delicious I could have eaten all of it myself! 🙂
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large hard-cooked egg
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds steamed asparagus
- Hard-boil the egg: Cover the egg with cold water in a small saucepan. Bring water to a boil, remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 12 minutes. Drain and refill pot with cold water to cease the cooking process. After the egg has cooled, remove the shell.
- Steam asparagus for 10 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
- Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Spoon vinaigrette over asparagus.
- Push egg through a fine sieve over the dressed asparagus. Serve warm or at room temperature.
One Year Ago: