Why hadn’t I ever thought of this before? What a heavenly breakfast!! My friend asked for help searching for a bread machine brioche recipe- I found this one from Fleichmann’s yeast, via Food.com, all over the blogosphere. My friend tried it first and couldn’t even wait for the bread to cool before digging in- the smell was so amazing. 🙂 I had to make it myself, of course! It was eggy and tender. We smothered it with Strawberry-Vanilla Bean Jam (which we have been rationing since last June!) and enjoyed it as we watched the snow pour down outside…. on the last day of March!! I may add raisins next time- GREAT!
Yield: One 1 1/2 pound loaf
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup milk (70º to 80ºF) (I used 1% milk)
- 3 tablespoons water (70º to 80ºF)
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Measure all ingredients into bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- Process on sweet or basic/white bread cycle; use light or medium/normal crust color setting.
- Remove bread from pan; cool on wire rack.
One Year Ago:
- Banana-Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
- Brown Sugar-Oatmeal “Sunshine” Muffins
- Sweet Brioche Dough
- Apple Cinnamon Pull-Aparts
If you like this you may also like: