I am not a huge fan of radicchio, but, one of the things I enjoy about my CSA box is that vegetables that I may not have selected are sitting in my fridge waiting to be served! 🙂 This, so far, is the best radicchio I have ever prepared. The grilling process erased all of the bitterness… the balsamic vinegar may have helped too. This recipe was adapted from localfoods.about.com. The radicchio had such a lovely presentation and great color; it really stood out on the plate along with our grilled corn, and roasted zucchini, cippolini onions, broccoli, kohlrabi, fennel, and potatoes. A veggie-loaded meal! 🙂
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 head radicchio, quartered with stem intact
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Preheat the grill. Cut radicchio into quarters. Rub or brush entire radicchio quarters with oil.
- Set radicchio with one cut-side down on the grill over moderately-high heat. Cook until edges are well browned, about 4 minutes. Turn to other cut-side and cook until entire radicchio is nicely browned and wilted, about 4 more minutes.
- Remove radicchio from grill, sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
One Year Ago: