It is great to have a quick appetizer to throw together for entertaining- especially in warm weather. Both of these dips can be prepared in less than 5 minutes. The Greek Feta & Red Pepper Dip is more rich and full-flavored than the refreshing and light Dill-Yogurt Dip. Both are simple and tasty.
Greek Feta & Red Pepper Dip
This recipe is from The Wanderlust Kitchen. We ate it with pita chips, but it would also be tasty with warm pita bread.
- 8 ounces high-quality feta cheese
- 6 ounces jarred, oil-packed, roasted red peppers
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 T olive oil
- Roughly break up the cheese into chunks and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the roasted red peppers, salt, and red pepper flakes then pulse the processor a few times.
- While continuing to pulse, drizzle in the olive oil. Depending on the feta used, you may want to add a bit more olive oil until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Serve with vegetables, pita chips, and/or warm pita bread for dipping.
This tzatziki-like dip was fresh, tasty, and healthy. We ate it with crudités, but it would also be tasty with bread, pretzels, pita bread, or pita chips. This recipe was adapted from Simple Pairings.
- 1 cup Fage Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 T fresh dill, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced through a garlic press, optional
- 2-4 tablespoons milk, or more as needed to bring the dip to desired consistency
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- coarse salt or sea salt, to taste, if desired
- Combine the Greek yogurt, dill, vinegar, and garlic.
- Add milk to achieve the desired consistency.
- Season with black pepper and salt, to taste, if desired. Keep chilled.
- Stir the dip immediately before serving.
One Year Ago: