I am a total convert to chicken thighs- they really are the tastiest chicken meat and never dry out when cooked. This grilled chicken was tender, flavorful, and wonderful. Cutting the chicken into 2-inch pieces was the perfect size for cooking and eating. The garlic sauce was creamy and SUPER garlicky- amazing!! This recipe was adapted from Bon Appetit. We ate it on warm naan, smothered with sauce, with salad and our favorite Turkish Bulgur and Vegetable Pilaf on the side. DELICIOUS!!
For the Garlic Sauce:
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- coarse salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 T plain Greek yogurt
For the Chicken:
- 2-3 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2″ pieces (10 thighs)
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- coarse salt
- vegetable oil (for grilling)
- Warm naan or pita bread
- grilled grape tomatoes or chopped fresh tomatoes
- fresh mint leaves, for serving, optional
- 8-inch bamboo or metal skewers
To Make the Garlic Sauce:
- Place the chopped garlic in a mortar; season with salt and pound to a very fine paste.
- Transfer garlic paste to a small bowl and gradually whisk in the oil.
- Very gradually whisk yogurt into garlic mixture until emulsified. (If it is added too fast the sauce will break. If it does break, gradually whisk in 1 tsp water just before serving.)
Note: Garlic sauce can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
To Prepare the Chicken:
- Toss chicken, garlic, parsley, cumin, paprika, and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl; season with salt. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. (or up to 12 hours)
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat and oil grate.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers. Grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 8-12 minutes. If grilling tomatoes, thread onto skewers and lightly oil. Grill until tender.
- Serve with garlic sauce, tomatoes, warm naan or pita, and garnish with mint, if desired.
Note: Chicken can be marinated 12 hours ahead. Keep chilled.
One Year Ago:
If you like this you may also like: