So, my buddy said, “Who likes blondies? Why can’t you make brownies like a normal person?” I have to put up with such comments in order to eat a delicious dinner at her house… 🙂 Dessert is not the focal point of a meal (in her world…), so I feel compelled to contribute a dessert to her dinner parties. I will have you know that she enjoyed these very much and kept the two leftover blondies to enjoy for breakfast the next morning. She may be a convert! 🙂
These blondies were moist, sweet, and tasty but not as “Biscoffy” as I had expected. We gobbled them up nonetheless!! This recipe was adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction, via Jhuls of thenotsocreativecook.wordpress.com.
Yield: Makes 16 Blondies
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons (1/3 cup or 75g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (200g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Biscoff spread
- 1 1/4 cups (225g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir the melted butter and brown sugar together until combined.
- Whisk in the egg and egg yolk, then add the vanilla. Stir in the cookie spread.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Be careful not to overmix, which will result in crumbly, hard blondies. The batter will be very thick. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes (on convection) to 25-26 minutes (standard oven). The blondies may appear very soft, but they will set up as they cool. Allow the blondies to cool completely- about 3 hours – before cutting into squares.
Note: Recipe may easily be doubled and baked in a 9×13 pan for approximately 35 minutes. Blondies stay fresh at room temperature for 1 week.
One Year Ago:
- Momofuku Milk Bar’s Cornflake – Chocolate Chip – Marshmallow Cookies
- Chocolate & Butterscotch Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches