When we have guests staying at our house, I spend extra time menu planning. It is tricky because I want to serve something tasty, but not time-consuming. I also have a chance to splurge on desserts- and have to allow time for that! 🙂
My in-laws were visiting us recently, and I served this dish after a busy day. It was quick, delicious, and well-received! The roasted tomatoes were sweet and bursting with flavor. I reduced the amount of red pepper flakes (to 1/4 teaspoon) and added my special CSA hard-neck garlic. I thought that the garlic made the dish. This recipe was adapted from Martha Stewart Living. Great!
- 2 pounds grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 thinly sliced large red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, to taste
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced small
- 2 large cloves hard-neck garlic
- 3/4 pound penne
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatoes with onion, oil, and red-pepper flakes; season and top with pancetta.
- Roast at 450 degrees (on convection roast) until tomatoes burst, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once. Halfway through the roasting process, add the sliced garlic, stir.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Toss penne with tomato mixture, parsley, and pasta water (as needed); season.
One Year Ago:
Two Years Ago: