I am proud to say that I use every edible morsel in my CSA share… or so I thought. I have never eaten my radish greens! This was a shocking realization for me- and upsetting now to know that I have been missing out on these delightful greens. Because I am the only radish fan in the house, I prepared this dish just for me! I ate it for dinner with a glass of wine- and enjoyed every bite. This dish was adapted from Food and Wine, contributed by Gerard Craft. I used coconut oil instead of olive oil. Nice.
- 8 radishes with greens attached
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 500° (on convection roast). Trim the radishes and wash the greens; pat dry.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the radishes, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned in spots, about 2 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the radishes for 15 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Return the skillet to the burner and stir in the butter to coat the radishes. Add the radish greens and cook over moderate heat until they are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and season with salt. Serve immediately.
One Year Ago:
Two Years Ago: