I feel as though I am revealing a secret recipe…. These cookies from Tate’s Bake Shop in Southampton, New York, are sold all over the United States. Now I know why these cookies are their signature item! They are FABULOUS- thin, crispy – but not too crispy, and loaded with chocolate chips. I don’t know if the water in the dough or the dark brown sugar makes the difference, but there is a difference. 🙂
This recipe is from Tate’s Bake Shop Cookbook: The Best Recipes from Southampton’s Favorite Bakery for Home-Style Cookies, Cakes, Pies, Muffins, and Breads. I modified the recipe by using unsalted butter, chilling the dough for 1 hour prior to baking, and by adjusting the baking time for a convection oven. I baked them for 12 minutes when using 2 baking sheets at a time, and for 8 minutes when using only 1 baking sheet. Delicious.
Yield: 4 1/2 dozen 3-inch cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup salted butter (I used unsalted!)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees on convection.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, silpat, or butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the water and vanilla; mix until just combined.
- Add the eggs and mix them lightly.
- Stir in the flour mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips. Be careful not to overmix!
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop the cookies onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake them for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the edges and centers are brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Two Years Ago:
I love tate’s cookies! yum
Hello, YOU! You have such good taste! 🙂
Chocolate chips? Whatever!!! A good friend would find me the shortbread recipe!!!!!
I’ll work on it 🙂
I actually have butter softening on the counter right now to make cookies…ohhh…if I only had the dark brown sugar! Next time I guess. 🙂 They look fabulous!
They were really REALLY good! I think that you need to make them next time for sure 🙂
wooo looks delicious!! Chocolate chip is my favorite cookie, especially when they are hot right from the oven!
Thanks!! They were extra special when they were warm for sure 🙂