Thanksgiving is so indulgent, I wanted to have a lighter treat to offer for breakfast. These moist muffins have NO oil or butter and are whole wheat. Nice!
This recipe was adapted from Friday Cake Night. I substituted whole wheat flour for half of the all-purpose flour, substituted a spice blend for pumpkin pie spice, and added mini chocolate chips. I also made mini muffins instead of a loaf. They were a bit sticky and worked better with cooking spray on the pan instead of paper muffin cup liners.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees on convection. Lightly coat a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed banana, brown sugar, apple sauce, pumpkin, and eggs until smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) to the bowl with the banana and pumpkin mixture and stir until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan (I used a cookie scoop) and bake for 12 minutes.
One Year Ago:
Two Years Ago: