This colorful and flavorful dish offered a break from the heavier dishes on the Thanksgiving table. The harissa added some unexpected spiciness as well. This recipe was adapted from Bon Appetit.
Yield: Serves 8
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2½ to 3 pounds small rainbow carrots, scrubbed, tops trimmed to about ½”, halved
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 450° (on convection roast).
- Whisk garlic, oil, maple syrup, harissa, and cumin seeds in a small bowl; season garlic mixture with salt and pepper.
- Toss carrots and lemon with garlic mixture in a large roasting pan to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until carrots are tender and lemons are caramelized, 25 (convection) to 35 minutes.
Do Ahead: Carrots can be roasted 6 hours ahead. Let cool; cover and chill. Bring to room temperature or reheat slightly before serving.
One Year Ago:
Two Years Ago: