I love the trend of making a complete meal on a single sheet-pan- absolute genius! This is a wonderful springtime version that has it all… (at least for me!) Chicken thighs, arugula, leeks, harissa, garlic yogurt, and potatoes (for my husband 🙂 ). A complete meal- including salad!
This recipe was adapted from The New York Times, contributed by Melissa Clark. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs, Greek yogurt, and modified the plating as well as the cooking time. Easy & delicious!!
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (8-10 thighs)
- 1 ¼ pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, more as needed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, more as needed
- 2 tablespoons harissa (or use another thick hot sauce, such as Sambal Oelek or Sriracha)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more as needed
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest (from 1/2 lemon)
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 ounces baby arugula, or more, as desired
- Chopped fresh dill, as needed
- Lemon juice, as needed
- Combine chicken and potatoes in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together harissa, cumin and 3 tablespoons oil. Pour over chicken and potatoes and toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine leeks, lemon zest, a pinch of salt and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees (I used the convection roast setting). Arrange chicken and potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet in a single layer making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Roast 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and toss potatoes lightly. Scatter leeks over pan. Roast until chicken and potatoes are cooked through and everything is golden and slightly crisped, 20 to 30 minutes longer.
- While chicken cooks, place yogurt in a small bowl. Grate garlic over yogurt and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, scatter dill over the chicken and vegetables in the pan. Place a generous handful of arugula on each plate. Spoon chicken and vegetables over the arugula. Dollop yogurt sauce over the chicken. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice and serve. (I served each plate with lemon to squeeze over the top, as desired.)
One Year Ago:
Two Years Ago: