I feel somewhat compelled to try different chocolate chip cookie recipes- especially when they claim to be “The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER”…. (and I don’t think I’m alone!)
A couple of weekends ago, I had to make a dessert for my kids and their friends, so naturally I thought of chocolate chip cookies. I had seen this recipe adapted from Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything on Sarah n Spice.com. She said that they were “The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER”- even beating out a recipe from Alton Brown. (WHAT!?!?) I had to try this one.
I liked that the recipe incorporated both mini and standard semisweet chocolate chips. I adapted the recipe only to chill the dough prior to baking. We ate them as is as well as in chipwich form with French vanilla ice cream. SO good!! I have come to the conclusion that I just appreciate a really good chocolate chip cookie. It’s too hard to judge “The Best!”
- ½ pound unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 on convection.
- Start off by creaming together sugar and butter in a stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the dry to the wet ingredients and mix until the cookie dough comes together.
- With a spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour or up to overnight. (Alternatively, the dough can also be scooped into tablespoon-size mounds prior to refrigerating.)
- Scoop tablespoon-size mounds on a baking sheet. (I used an ice cream scoop.)
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
One Year Ago:
Two Years Ago:
- Whole Wheat Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Sour Cream Sugar Cookies with Vanilla Bean-Infused Turbinado Sugar
Other Chocolate Chip Cookie Favorites: