This delicious breakfast bread is loaded with blueberries. It really is a fabulous blend of banana bread and blueberry muffins- two of our favorite special breakfasts! The cinnamon sugar was an extra treat. 🙂
This recipe was adapted from Crazy for Crust. I decreased the sugar and modified the recipe to include whole wheat flour and bake in a convection oven. I also used a Vitamix to blend the liquid ingredients. Nice!
- 3/4 cup plus 2 T granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 7 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F (on convection, if possible). Grease a 9x5x3” loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar with a hand or stand mixer. Set aside.
- Add bananas, eggs, milk, vanilla, salt, and baking soda to a blender jar and blend until smooth. (I used a Vitamix)
- Pour half the banana mixture into the butter mixture with 1 cup of whole wheat flour. Mix until just incorporated, then add the remaining banana mixture and the all-purpose flour. Mix until just incorporated.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. Pour into prepared pan.
- Combine 2 T sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes on convection or up to 60 minutes in a standard oven, or until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs. The edges will be a dark brown.
- Cool completely before removing loaf from pan, but you can cut slices from the pan after it’s cooled for about 15-20 minutes.
One Year Ago:
Two Years Ago:
and… I have to share some friends who came to visit. 🙂 A Great Egret and a Night Heron!
The Night Heron actually came and sat at the edge of our diving board… he didn’t go for a swim. 🙂 Great.