No anchovies… No raw egg… This Caesar salad dressing is made with everyday pantry staples and is absolutely delicious!
My friend brought this salad for a special lunch at my house and I have made it several times since. My family is addicted. 🙂 The recipe is from RealSimple.com. I added salt and pepper to taste. I usually double the recipe as it keeps well in the refrigerator in a jar- always ready for the next salad!
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 4 to 5 slices sourdough bread, cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for shaving or grating over the finished salad
- 1 (12-ounce) package romaine hearts (3 hearts)
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F. (I used my toaster oven!)
- Toss the bread cubes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Spread the cubes on a baking sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and Parmesan until well blended. Taste an adjust seasonings as desired. (I place it in a jar and shake to combine.)
- Remove any wilted outer leaves from romaine hearts and slice. Wash and spin dry.
- Toss washed romaine with croutons and dressing. Top with Parmesan shavings (or grated Parmesan) and season with freshly ground pepper.
One Year Ago:
Two Years Ago:
If you like this you may also like: