I used to be a margarita or gin and tonic person in the summertime but I have a new favorite refreshing cocktail to share! A friend introduced me to the Moscow Mule during my special trip to Charleston. All I need now is a copper mug to drink it in. 🙂
My friend used a special South Carolina Ginger Beer and I was afraid that it would never taste the same without it. Well, thank goodness for Trader Joe’s! Their Ginger Beer has the little bit of spice that made the South Carolina version amazing. Perfect.
This recipe is a combination of an all recipes.com version and my friend’s concoction. Great!
Yield: Serves 1
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces vodka
- 1/2 fluid ounce lime juice (about 1/2 a lime)
- ice cubes
- 1/2 cup ginger beer, or about 1/2 of a bottle (I used Trader Joe’s)
- splash of seltzer, optional
- 1 lime wedge for garnish
- Pour vodka and lime juice into a mug; add ice cubes and ginger beer. Stir to combine.
- Add a splash of seltzer, if desired, to decrease the sweetness.
- Drop a lime wedge into the mug for garnish.
Note: The classic Moscow Mule is served in a copper mug.
To make a Watermelon Moscow Mule variation add 5 T pureed, strained watermelon juice.
One Year Ago:
Two Years Ago:
Three Years Ago: