I selfishly love documenting my holiday menu because it is such a wonderful reference in the future. Hopefully, others may benefit when planning for the holidays as well.
I had considered trying a new Thanksgiving turkey and gravy recipe this year, but I was quickly outvoted. 😉 As much as I enjoy experimenting with new dishes, this year’s feast was comprised of many favorites from previous years. I did add a new roasted rainbow carrot dish and double apple pie. I am still searching for ultimate stuffing and apple pie recipes.
In addition to our tasty holiday feast, we had two surprise highlights from our celebration. The first was a “turkey hat” that my brother brought on Thanksgiving morning. Many photos were taken of everyone wearing it! Fun. 🙂
The second highlight resulted from roasting the turkey upside-down. (We had tried this for the first time last year and the meat was incredibly moist.) The roasting rack is lined with buttered ciabatta bread so that the turkey doesn’t stick when it is time for it to be flipped over. The resulting “turkey bread” was indulgent and absolutely delicious. I’m going to have to incorporate it into some sort of a dish next year.
Happy belated Thanksgiving to all of you and Happy Holiday season!
Thanksgiving Eve Eve:
- Fresh mango, pineapple, and cantaloupe
- Crumb Cake
- Pumpkin-Orange Bread (Pullman loaf)
- Banana Banana Bread (Pullman loaf)
- Bagels with assorted jams and whipped cream cheese
- Triple Cream Brie & Creamy Toscano Cheese Soaked in Syrah with Sourdough Baguette & Red Grapes
- Classic Split Pea Soup
- Cauliflower-Cheese Soup
- Herb-Roasted Turkey with Wild Mushroom Gravy (upside-down!)
- Stuffing with Mushrooms and Bacon
- Cranberry Relish with Apple Cider
- Classic Potato Gratin
- Sweet Potato Spoon Bread
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pear & Pistachios
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Parsley & Thyme
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
- Double Apple Pie
- Pecan Pie Bars (with ice cream or whipped cream)
One Year Ago: Thanksgiving Menu 2016
Two Years Ago: Thanksgiving Menu 2015
Three Years Ago: Thanksgiving Menu 2014
Four Years Ago: Thanksgiving Menu 2013
Five Years Ago: Thanksgiving Menu 2012