I have a couple more arugula summer salads to share. I eat arugula on a daily basis! 🙂 Loaded with toppings, this salad was hearty and delicious. I didn’t grill the corn but may next time. When fresh corn is really sweet, I prefer to eat it raw.
This recipe was adapted from Martha Stewart Living’s Everyday Food. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs and modified the proportions. I also dressed the salad with my favorite Mustard Vinaigrette.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- olive oil, for grates
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 3 to 4) or chicken cutlets
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 12 oz to 1 pound arugula or wild arugula, about 3 bunches, thick stems removed
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) crumbled Stilton or Gorgonzola (I used Trader Joe’s Cave Aged Blue Cheese)
- 2 T fresh lemon juice, for dressing
- 2 T olive oil, for dressing
Heat grill to high; clean and lightly oil hot grates.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Grill until opaque throughout. Let rest 5 minutes; cut into strips. (Grill corn at this point, if desired.)
Cut off tip of each cob. Stand corn in a wide shallow bowl; using a sharp knife, slice downward to release kernels. Discard cobs.
In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil; season with salt and pepper. Alternatively, prepare this Mustard Vinaigrette.
Add arugula, tomato wedges, crumbled cheese, sliced chicken, and corn. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.