Happy Holiday season to everyone! I love to post my Thanksgiving Menu to help me plan in the future. Hopefully some of my menu choices are helpful to others too. 🙂 I will link the new menu items to posts as soon as I am able.
I know that I am taking risks when trying new recipes for a crowd. This year I had a couple of misses…. The first was my Thanksgiving Eve cocktail, Tito’s Apple Cider Mule. It was okay- and we all drank it, of course!- but I had higher expectations as a Moscow Mule fan. I will have to work on creating an improved autumn version.
My daughter and I also made dinner rolls for our feast. After the dough was made, it could be frozen to rise and bake on Thanksgiving Day (a perfect make-ahead plan). They did not meet my expectations either which an unfortunate miss. I did enjoy the teamwork!
My son also contributed to our feast this year by making mashed potatoes. They were delicious. 🙂
The benefit of taking a risk by serving a new dish is finding a wonderful addition to the menu. The Cornbread Dressing with Bacon & Sage may be the best “stuffing” I have ever made. It will definitely be on my menu again next year! I also tried three new desserts and they were all delicious- especially the pear and almond tart.
Thanksgiving Eve Eve:
- Buckwheat Crêpes with Mix & Match Creamy Mushroom, Caramelized Sweet Onion, Sautéed Greens, & Citrus Shrimp Fillings
- Martha Stewart’s Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Tito’s Apple Cider Mule
- Assorted cheeses with Sourdough Baguette, nuts, and red grapes
- Butternut Squash & Sage Manicotti
- Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- Green Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- Pear and Almond Tart
- Fresh blueberries, raspberries, mango, pineapple, & cantaloupe
- Pecan Streusel Banana Bread (Pullman loaf)
- Crumb Cake
- Olive Oil Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts & Raisins (Bundt loaf)
- Bagels with scallion & whipped cream cheese
- Assorted Cheeses with Sourdough Baguette, and sliced apples & Bartlett pears
- Classic Split Pea Soup
- Ina Garten’s Wild Mushroom & Farro Soup
- Red Lentil Soup with Lemon
- Herb-Roasted Turkey with Wild Mushroom Gravy (upside-down!)
- Cornbread Dressing with Bacon & Sage
- Cranberry Relish with Apple Cider
- Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin
- Sweet Potato Spoon Bread
- Roasted Vegetables with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Maple Browned Butter Pumpkin Pie
- Apple-Brown Sugar Pie (with optional whipped cream or vanilla ice cream)