This fabulously easy salad was creamy and delicious. We ate it as a side with grilled vegetable and fresh ricotta sandwiches, but it could also be served as a light summertime main dish.
The recipe is from Smitten Kitchen.com. I used avocado mayonnaise, chipotle Cholula hot sauce, and cilantro. My kids thought that it tasted like guacamole. 🙂 Great.
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side
- 1 seedless cucumber (about 3/4 to 1 pound), washed and chopped into chunks
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used avocado mayonnaise)
- juice of half a lime, plus more to taste
- coarse salt, to taste
- hot sauce, such as Sriracha or Chipotle Cholula, to taste
- chopped cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Combine cucumber, scallions and avocado in a bowl.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, and hot sauce; adjust to taste.
- Drizzle salad with dressing and garnish with chopped herbs.