This refreshing summer cocktail was another way to use my beautiful basil and special homegrown cucumbers from a friend. There is still time to enjoy one! 🙂
This recipe was adapted from liquor.com. It is an adaptation of a classic gin gimlet which is composed of gin, lime juice and simple syrup.
Yield: One cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka or gin
- 2 1/4-inch slices cucumber, peeled
- 2 fresh basil leaves. plus more for garnish
- 1 ounce lemonade
- 1/4 to 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, to taste
- Muddle the basil and cucumber in a shaker.
- Add remaining ingredients and ice and shake.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a basil leaf. Serve.