Soft-Baked Oreo Blondies
Inspired by my husband’s (seemingly) week long birthday celebration, my daughter had a few requests for her “week” of birthday meals. 🙂
The first meal included her favorite penne alla vodka with blondies for dessert. We had plans to incorporate Oreos into her birthday cake, so it seemed natural to make Oreo blondies!
This recipe was adapted from Delish.com via TogetherasaFamily.com. I used mini Oreos and added a little bit more to sprinkle over the top prior to baking. They had the perfect balance of a crispy top and soft center.
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups chopped Oreo cookies, divided (I used mini Oreos, cut in half)
- 3 (1.55oz each) Hershey Cookies ‘n’ Cream candy bars, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Heat oven to 350°, preferably on convection.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking pan (preferably metal) by spraying with cooking spray and lining with parchment paper. Spray parchment with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a bowl using a hand mixer, add melted butter and brown sugar. Beat together for 1-2 minutes until lighter in color and fluffy looking.
- Add in 1 egg and beat together until combined.
- Add the other egg and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and beat on low speed just until combined and no flour pockets remain.
- Gently stir in 3/4 cup of the chopped Oreo cookies and all of the chopped Cookies ‘n’ cream candy bars.
- Place large dollops of the batter in the prepared baking dish. Using an offset spatula, evenly spread out the batter.
- Sprinkle the reserved 1/2 cup of chopped Oreos on top of the bars and gently press down.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes. The edges will be light golden brown and look “wrinkly” and the middle will look pale and puffy.
- Let the bars cool completely. Using the parchment to lift bars out of the pan, place on a cutting board and cut into squares.
I live in Stony Brook, New York on Long Island. I love garlic and baking. My hobby (and love) is to try new recipes.
My favorite recipe resources include The New York Times, Food and Wine, Bon Appetit, and Martha Stewart Living. Enjoy!
Posted in Baking, Cookies, Good Sweets, Good Eats (Desserts), Recipes
Tags: bar cookies, birthday, blondies, candy bars, cookies, cookies and cream, dessert, Hershey Cookies n Cream, oreo, soft baked
I’ve been wondering what to do with the bag of Oreos in the pantry. Now I know. Blessings. 😍