My daughter and I made this lovely dish as a side for our Thanksgiving feast- although it was practically her entire meal. She absolutely loves cauliflower and garbanzo beans and is not a big fan of other Thanksgiving dishes. Dessert is her exception. 😉
This dish was adapted from It’s All Good by Gwyneth Paltrow and Julia Turshen, via theyellowtable.com. Healthy and delicious.
Yield: Serves 6 as a side dish
- 14 oz can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- coarse salt or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain seeded mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Set a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400ºF, preferably on convection roast.
- Toss the chickpeas and cauliflower florets together on a parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet or in a large roasting pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and a big pinch of salt.
- Roast, stirring now and then, until everything is dark brown and the cauliflower is quite soft, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mustards, vinegar, and 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper, or to taste.
- While the chickpeas and cauliflower are still warm, toss them with the mustard dressing and the parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.