My daughter and I made these mini cakes as a birthday surprise for her friend. ❤ Sprinkles=Birthday over here. Using red, white, and blue sprinkles would make these cakes a fun and patriotic Fourth of July treat.
The recipe was adapted from thebittersideofsweet.com. They can be served for breakfast or dessert! 🙂
Yield: 4 mini cakes
For the Mini Bundt Cakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used whole milk Greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon milk (I used whole milk)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup Confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons milk (I used 1 1/2 T whole milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- rainbow sprinkles
- gel food coloring, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325° F, preferably on convection. (My pan has a dark, non-stick interior finish. Set the oven to 350° F if using a pan with a light interior finish.)
- Spray 4 wells of a mini bundt cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking power, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, and eggs. Stir in melted butter and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Slowly stir until just combined.
- Fold in sprinkles. Avoid over stirring.
- Using a cookie scoop, distribute the batter into the 4 prepared wells of a mini bundt pan.
- Bake for 17 minutes in a convection oven, or for 20-25 minutes in a standard oven, or until edges are golden. A toothpick inserted in the center of the cake should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven, leave cakes to cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pan and allow to completely cool on wire rack.
- Once cool, make the glaze. In a medium bowl add milk, Confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Tint with food coloring, if desired.
- Drizzle glaze over cakes. Top with sprinkles.