I have seen several versions of this seasonal cocktail but I’m not sure if I need to try another one. This one is festive and fabulous. I first tried it on Halloween and now plan to incorporate it into my Thanksgiving weekend menu. Perfect! 🙂
The recipe was adapted from thehealthfulideas.com, contributed by Veronika. I used gold tequila and added maple syrup.
For the Cinnamon-Sugar Rim:
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- A lime wedge
For the Margarita:
- 1.5 oz tequila
- 0.5 oz Cointreau
- 0.5 oz freshly squeezed lime juice, or more, to taste
- 2 oz apple cider
- 0.5 oz (1 T) pure maple syrup
- small dash cinnamon, optional
- 1-2 dashes orange bitters
- ice cubes
- apple and/or lime slices, for garnish, optional
To Make the Rim:
- Combine the turbinado sugar and cinnamon on a small plate.
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass and dip it in the sugar. Set aside.
To Make the Margarita:
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, add a handful of ice, and shake for 10-15 seconds until it’s very cold to touch.
- Pour into a margarita glass (or another glass of choice) over ice.
- Garnish with an apple and/or lime slice, if desired, and enjoy!