Oh my- We were late to the party on this one. Ted Lasso is such an uplifting show! (I know that everyone else saw it years ago…) I must say that watching it makes you crave shortbread. 😉
Apple TV released the recipe for Ted Lasso’s special biscuits. This recipe was adapted from Apple TV via food52.com, contributed by Kelly Vaughan. I modified the method. I also sprinkled the top with turbinado sugar before and after baking- just like Ted.
Yield: about 18 biscuits
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 8 oz or 227 g) salted butter (I used Kerry Gold)
- 98 g (3/4 cup) confectioners’ sugar
- 240 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- sanding or turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 300℉, preferably on convection. Line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with a parchment paper sling.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or hand mixer), beat the butter for about three minutes, until it’s light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, being careful not to get sugar all over your countertops and yourself.
- Add the flour, mixing about 90 seconds, or until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and flatten it using your hands or the base of a metal measuring cup to ensure that it’s spread evenly.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes on convection or up to 60 minutes in a standard oven, or until it looks golden-brown but is still a little soft to the touch.
- Once the biscuits have finished baking, remove from the oven and sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Immediately cut into pieces. I trimmed the edges and then sliced the square into 18 rectangles.
- Let it cool completely before serving (in a pink cardboard box, of course).
Loved that show! so cool to have this recipe to try……
Really classic shortbread- such fun to think that it’s Ted’s recipe! 🙂
Ted Lasso and short bread…..doesn’t get better!
I agree! ❤