I am not a huge French fry person, but I do love curly fries. 🙂 When my husband surprised me with a spiralizer, I planned to use it to make zucchini noodle dishes… Somehow, curly fries moved to the top of the list. Zucchini noodles will be next!
This recipe was adapted from Ree Drummond, via Food Network.com. I think that they were especially delicious because of the seasoned batter. This recipe would be amazing with sweet potatoes too.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
For the Potatoes:
- 3 large potatoes (I used Yukon gold)
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying (about 3 liters- I used a combination of sunflower and canola oil)
- Kosher salt
For the Batter:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (I used Slap Ya Mama creole seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Posted in Recipes, Sides
Tags: batter, canola oil, cayenne, creole seasoning, French, fries, paprika, Pioneer Woman, potatoes, side dish, slap ya mama, spiralizer, sunflower oil, yukon gold, zoodle
This is one of my favorite bread recipes- I modified it to make in a bread machine. The recipe was adapted from King Arthur Flour. I substituted some of the bread flour with whole wheat flour, used grapeseed oil rather than butter, and used 1 percent milk in the dough. It is best warm and freshly baked- YUM- but also wonderful toasted the next day.
- 2 T neutral oil such as grapeseed or canola oil or butter
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm milk (1 percent okay)
- 3 T brown sugar or honey
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (old-fashioned oats)
- 2 tsp active dry yeast, bread machine yeast, or instant yeast
Bread Machine Method:
- Place all of the ingredients, in order, with the exception of the yeast, in the pan of the machine.
- Make a well in the flour and add the yeast. Program the machine for whole wheat (2 pound loaf) and start.
- About 10 minutes before the end of the second kneading cycle, check dough and adjust its consistency as necessary with additional flour or water; finished dough should be soft and supple.
One Year Ago:
If you like this you may also like:
Posted in Baking, Bread, Recipes
Tags: bread machine, breakfast, canola oil, grapeseed oil, honey, oatmeal, rolled oats, sandwich, whole wheat