This simple sparkling drink is a very light and refreshing end of summer cocktail. It can easily be diluted with club soda or seltzer, to taste.
The recipe was adapted from drinkoftheweek.com. I used a white nectarine and lemon seltzer instead of club soda. The original recipe also suggests using plums, peaches, cherries, or apricots instead of nectarines.
Yield: One drink
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- 1 oz honey syrup (half honey, half warm water)(I used Italian Melata di Bosca honey)
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 nectarine, sliced, plus more for garnish
- club soda or lemon seltzer
- fresh mint, for garnish, optional
- Muddle the nectarine slices in the honey syrup.
- Add the vodka and lemon juice and stir.
- Top with ice and club soda or seltzer.
- Garnish with nectarine slices and/or mint, as desired.