Broccolini is one of the most prized items that I receive in my CSA share. Eating it with a cheesy dip was a wonderful way to enjoy it.
This recipe was adapted from Martha Stewart Living. We ate the leftover dip with pita chips- which was also a good vehicle. It was also delicious with sliced radishes. Easy and tasty.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer
- 1 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- broccolini, for serving
- pita chips, for serving
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; season with salt. Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Blanch the broccolini in the salted, boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds, until bright green and tender. Remove and place in the ice water until cool. Drain, pat dry with paper towels, and set aside to continue to dry while you prepare the dip.
- Combine the Pecorino, ricotta, 2 T olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Season with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle with olive oil and more pepper. (I used Tuscan herb olive oil for the drizzle.)
- Serve with blanched broccolini and/or pita chips.