This recipe encourages the use of frozen berries! It was very quick to put together, had a lovely presentation, and most importantly was delicious as well. 🙂 We ate this cake for dessert but it would also be an amazing coffee cake. This recipe is from Bon Appétit.
Yield: Serves 8
- nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups ricotta
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or blackberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° (preferably on convection).
- Line a 9”-diameter cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, ricotta, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth; fold into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Then fold in butter, followed by ¾ cup raspberries, taking care not to crush berries.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and scatter remaining ¼ cup raspberries over top.
- Bake cake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes on convection or up to 60 minutes in a standard oven. Let cool at least 20 minutes before unmolding.
Note: Cake can be made 2 days ahead. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.
One Year Ago:
Two Years Ago: