Here’s another treat that would be perfect for Valentine’s Day! ❤
This cocktail is composed of many of my favorites. I love a classic gimlet. 🙂 This pomegranate version would also be festive for the holidays or just tasty any other time of the year.
This recipe was adapted from Today.com. I modified the proportions to make individual cocktails. The volumes for 6 gimlets are also noted below.
Yield: one cocktail
- 2 oz (4 T) gin
- 1 1/2 oz (2 1/2 T) pomegranate juice (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 1/2 oz (2 1/2 T) freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 2/3 oz (1 1/2 T) agave nectar or simple syrup
- lime slice and pomegranate seeds, for garnish
For a Crowd:
Yield: six cocktails
- 1 1/2 cups gin
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (6 to 8 limes)
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 6 lime slices and pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- At least one hour before serving, place martini glass(es) in the freezer.
- Combine the gin, pomegranate juice, lime juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice (for 1 cocktail) or large pitcher (for 6 drinks).
- If making multiple drinks, fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice and add the drink mixture until the shaker is three quarters full.
- Shake for a full 15 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the frozen martini glasses and garnish with a teaspoon of pomegranate seeds, or more to taste, and a slice of lime.
Note: To make your own simple syrup, combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small pot and heat just until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Refrigerate until cold.