This refreshing summer cocktail was another way to use my beautiful basil and special homegrown cucumbers from a friend. There is still time to enjoy one! 🙂
This recipe was adapted from liquor.com. It is an adaptation of a classic gin gimlet which is composed of gin, lime juice and simple syrup.
Yield: One cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka or gin
- 2 1/4-inch slices cucumber, peeled
- 2 fresh basil leaves. plus more for garnish
- 1 ounce lemonade
- 1/4 to 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, to taste
- Muddle the basil and cucumber in a shaker.
- Add remaining ingredients and ice and shake.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a basil leaf. Serve.
Posted in Drinks, Recipes
Tags: basil, cocktail, cucumber, drink, gimlet, gin, lemonade, lime juice, summer, vodka
This was the first thing we made with our freshly picked Long Island strawberries. In fact, I enjoyed it the day that we picked them. 🙂 It was jammy and absolutely fabulous.
The recipe was adapted from Food and Wine, contributed by José Zepeda. The sweetness can be easily adjusted by decreasing the amount of agave or simple syrup. It was a warm evening, so we served it over ice. Perfect.
Yield: 1 drink
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the strawberries with the basil leaves and simple syrup or agave nectar.
- Add ice and the remaining ingredients and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with strawberry slices and basil, as desired.
Posted in Drinks, Quick, Recipes
Tags: agave nectar, basil, cocktail, fruit, gin, lime, martini, strawberries, strawberry, vodka
I have so many delicious recipes just waiting to be shared. Before strawberry season is over, I must share new recipes that I tried with my fresh-picked berries this season.
This cocktail was the very first thing we prepared with our fresh strawberries. My husband made it for me on my birthday! ❤ The recipe was adapted from cocktails that New Amsterdam Gin named to honor modern-day landmarks in New York City, via The Spruce Eats.com. I plan to also try it using vodka instead of gin. Happy birthday to me! 😉
Yield: 1 cocktail
- Muddle strawberries with the basil until fully mashed in a cocktail shaker.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. (We chilled the glass by filling it with ice while the cocktail was being prepared.)
- Garnish with half a strawberry, as desired.
Posted in Drinks, Holiday, Quick, Recipes
Tags: 4th of July, agave nectar, basil, cocktail, drink, Fourth of July, fruit, gin, July 4th, lemon juice, lime juice, strawberry, summer, union square, vodka