Haystacks are one of my Grandmother’s thirty Christmas cookies that my mom, my sister and I always made growing up. They are my husband’s absolute favorite, and quite possibly the easiest cookie to make in the world! I double the recipe every year.
- 24 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz chow mein noodles
- Melt the chocolate in a large bowl over a double boiler. (Don’t microwave!)
- Meanwhile, pulse/chop the chow mein noodles in a food processor into smaller pieces.
- Mix the noodles into the melted chocolate, until they are completely covered. Drop by spoonfuls (or use a small cookie scoop) onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Let stand at room temperature overnight or until solid.