These cocktails were wonderful! They were the perfect way to use the delicious home grown cucumbers given to me by a friend.
This recipe was adapted from The Village Times Herald, contributed by Barbara Beltrami. Tasty and refreshing.
Yield: makes 2 cocktails
- 1 wedge or slice of lime
- coarse salt
- 3 oz tequila
- 1 tsp orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 3 oz freshly squeezed lime juice or key lime juice
- 1/2 cup peeled and seeded chopped cucumber
- 2 T granulated sugar
- 6 cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 dashes Tabasco or Chipotle Tabasco
- 6 ice cubes
- 2 cucumber slices, for garnish
- Wipe the rims of two margarita glasses with the lime wedge or slice. Dip in a shallow dish of coarse salt; set aside.
- In a blender combine the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, chopped cucumber, sugar, cilantro, hot sauce and ice cubes; blend for one minute. (I used a Vitamix.)
- Immediately pour into prepared glasses over ice.
- Garnish with cucumber slices, as desired.