I wanted to have a special cocktail as part of my mom’s birthday celebration. Unfortunately, because of my kids’ activities and all of the last minute cooking required for her birthday meal, we enjoyed this cocktail the following night prior to trick-or-treating instead! 🙂 We still toasted to her upcoming birthday, of course.
This drink is sweet and not too strong. I garnished the glasses with slices of Seckel pears. My kids were able to toast with the leftover cream soda and ginger ale- a treat for everyone. 🙂 This recipe is from Food and Wine, contributed by Todd Thrasher. It would be great prior to a Thanksgiving meal as well.
Yield: Makes 1 drink
- 3/4 ounce citrus vodka
- 3/4 ounce Licor 43 (citrus-and-vanilla-flavored liqueur)
- 2 ounces pear juice or nectar
- 1/2 ounce cream soda
- 1 ounce chilled ginger ale
- 1 or 2 pear slices, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a pint glass with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the ginger ale and pear slices and stir well. Strain into a chilled coupe, top with the ginger ale and garnish with the pear slices, if desired.