I am not a huge French fry person, but I do love curly fries. 🙂 When my husband surprised me with a spiralizer, I planned to use it to make zucchini noodle dishes… Somehow, curly fries moved to the top of the list. Zucchini noodles will be next!
This recipe was adapted from Ree Drummond, via Food Network.com. I think that they were especially delicious because of the seasoned batter. This recipe would be amazing with sweet potatoes too.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
For the Potatoes:
- 3 large potatoes (I used Yukon gold)
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying (about 3 liters- I used a combination of sunflower and canola oil)
- Kosher salt
For the Batter:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (I used Slap Ya Mama creole seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper