Happy belated Thanksgiving and Happy Holiday Season to everyone! We definitely missed our extended family at Thanksgiving this year but our quiet feast was still lovely.
I love to post my Thanksgiving Menu to help me plan in the future. Hopefully some of my menu choices are helpful to others too. I will link the new menu items to posts as soon as I am able.
I decreased the proportions for our small scale feast but we still made quite a variety of dishes in order to accommodate everyone’s favorites. My kids actively participated in the cooking process throughout the day which was the absolute highlight for me. 🙂
We tried a new gravy this year- this change would have been met with great objection from our extended family. 😉 It incorporated roasted poblano chilies, a favorite flavor in our house. We also enjoyed a new festive cocktail which was so fabulous I plan to incorporate it into the menu next year.
- Fresh honeydew, pineapple, grapes & cantaloupe
- Crumb Cake
- Olive Oil Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts & Raisins (Bundt loaf)
- Classic Split Pea Soup
- Wild Rice & Mushroom Soup
- Skillet Cornbread with salted butter
- Herb-Roasted Turkey (upside-down)
- Buttermilk-Poblano Gravy
- Cornbread Dressing with Bacon & Sage
- Cranberry Relish with Apple Cider
- Herb-Scented Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Spoon Bread
- Slow-Roasted Carrots with Browned-Butter Vinaigrette
- Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Mustard Vinaigrette
- Pumpkin Pie Bars with optional whipped cream
- Brown-Butter & Vanilla Bean Apple Pie with optional whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Yes! My cat, Franklin “the Fluff,” has an Instagram page. ❤
Quite a feast – I like the apple cider cranberry relish. I always make mine with orange and Grand Marnier, I didn’t get around to making it this year but since I have all the ingredients I just might make yours with leftovers 🙂
I hope that you make this version! I absolutely love it- I haven’t tried another version in many many years.
We missed celebrating Thanksgiving with you. As always you prepared a real feast.
We missed you very much too!! ❤
Pingback: Cranberry Sauce with Apple Cider and Maple Syrup | cookingwithauntjuju.com
Huh. Somehow I thought you’d quit blogging, but here you are! Hopefully I can successfully follow your blog!
I hope so! I have had this issue in the past.