The first time I tasted this cocktail, I thought it may become my new favorite. After having it a few times now, I am sure it is my new favorite! 🙂 It was extra-special because my husband made it with our fresh-picked Long Island blueberries. This recipe was adapted from Food and Wine, contributed by Todd Porter and Diane Cu.
Yield: Makes 1 drink
- 2 generous tablespoons fresh blueberries
- 1 generous tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Simple Syrup
- a dash of Triple Sec
- Kosher or sea salt for rimming the glass
- Rub the rim of a rock or margarita glass with a lime wedge. Swirl the rim through a small pile of kosher or sea salt. Add ice cubes to the glass.
- In a cocktail shaker muddle the blueberries and lime juice until the blueberries are pulverized. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Add the tequila, Simple Syrup, Triple Sec and a handful of ice to the shaker. Add a leftover rind or two from the limes. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds, and then strain into the salted glass.