Every year I say that I am going to make something with Meyer lemons but always seem to miss them. I am happy to report that I was able to get them this year and put them to good use. 🙂
This recipe for this bright and fresh cocktail was adapted from Food Network.com, contributed by Scott Leibfreid. I’m a lightweight, so I drank mine over ice. It was simple, perfect, and minimally sweet.
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 2 ounces vodka (I used lemon vodka)
- 1 ounce Meyer lemon juice
- granulated sugar on a small plate to coat the rim of the glass
- 1-2 Meyer lemon slices, for garnish
- In a martini shaker, combine all ingredients except the lemon slices and sugar with a generous amount of ice.
- Shake vigorously for a few seconds.
- Rub the rim of the glass with a lemon slice and coat with sugar.
- Strain the libation from the ice into a martini glass.
- Serve over ice and garnish with a lemon slice, as desired.