Happy Mother’s Day to all of the mom’s out there! ❤ I have a moment to share a recipe with you while my husband is making our celebratory pancake breakfast. 🙂
This is another dish from Food and Wine magazine’s 40th Anniversary Special Edition titled “Our 40 Best-Ever Recipes.” I’ve already made it twice because my son is obsessed! 😉
The recipe for this quick, easy and very tasty dish was adapted from British cookbook author Nigel Slater. I used a combination of sweet and hot Italian sausages. Fabulous!
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the sausage meat and brown over moderately high heat, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, mustard and crushed red pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add the pasta and basil and toss to coat. Serve at once.