When I saw this recipe on Krumkaker I fell in love. So simple, fresh, and different. A Scandinavian pasta dish inspired by a Swedish blog named Pickipicki. This dish could be made year-round but it is a perfect summer meal because it requires so little cooking. I only modified it slightly by adding more garlic and drizzling the finished dish with olive oil. We ate it with fresh Italian orecchiette. Creamy, quick, and GREAT!
- 3/4 pound dry or fresh pasta (I used fresh orecchiette)
- 2 large, ripe avocados, diced
- Juice of one lime
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- handful of basil, chiffonade
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated, or more to taste
- olive oil, drizzled over the top of the dish
- Boil the pasta in salted water and cook according to package directions.
- In the interim, peel, stone and dice the avocados. Toss diced avocado in a bowl with lime juice, salt, pepper and some chili flakes.
- Drain pasta, and toss with ingredients, including basil and grated cheese. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve warm or cold.
Avocado pasta sounds abs delish!
It was super creamy- great!
Love the sound of an avocado pasta! Definitely something I need to try out – creamy but healthy at the same time, and that lime, basil and parmesan sounds like it would add heaps of flavour. So quick too! 🙂
Thank you so much! It is really a season-less dish too.