When I received the May issue of Martha Stewart Living, I earmarked every pea recipe- they all sounded so delicious!! I picked this buttery, sweet, rich, and easy dish to try first. (We also can’t eat enough pappardelle in my house!) My son declared that it was “addictive.” 🙂 It was absolutely DELICIOUS. This recipe was adapted from Martha Stewart Living.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 3 cups shelled green peas (from 3 pounds in pods), or 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 pound pappardelle, tagliatelle, or fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano
- Blanch fresh peas in a large pot of salted boiling water until bright green and just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a colander with a slotted spoon. (If using frozen peas, skip this step.)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add peas and lightly mash with the back of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, return pot of water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain. (I put a measuring cup in my colander so that I don’t forget to reserve the pasta water!)
- Add pasta to skillet and cook, tossing to coat with pea mixture. Add butter and 1/2 cup pasta water; toss to evenly coat (adding more water if necessary). Top with cheese, season with pepper, and serve.
One Year Ago:
Two Years Ago:
Mmmm pasta goodness!
Oh this sounds super delicious. I have just this year become super obsessed with peas. Anything with peas in it is getting my vote 😉 Plus I LOVE pasta so you had me sold from the get-go!
Love peas… Love pasta too! You need to try this buttery dish of deliciousness for sure! 😉 Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Thank you so much 🙂 I love delicious & simple dishes- what’s not to like? 😉
This sounds delicious, Josette! Peas and butter 😀 yum! Jet lagged after my trip back home. I’m craving for this, now (ps-it’s 5.30am) haha!
Thank you! Pasta might be extra tasty & indulgent at 5:30am!! 🙂
Reblogged this on dawn ➽ spitfire's blog©.
Pingback: What's Cooking /// Vegetarian Summer Time Pasta - The Cottage Market