My husband came home from work with special homemade rolls that one of his co-workers had brought in for a pot luck celebration. We couldn’t believe that any of them were leftover! They had an amazing texture and were absolutely delicious.
Thankfully, she was happy to share the recipe with me. 🙂 I’ve made them several times. Easy and perfect.
Yield: 8 rolls
- 250g bread or all-purpose flour
- 200g cold water
- 10g bread yeast
- 5g coarse salt
- 10g granulated sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. (I use a stand mixer and knead the dough on medium speed for 2-6 minutes.)
- Lightly oil the top surface of the dough and turn to completely coat the outside of the dough.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a proofing oven or warm spot for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface. Divide into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll into rounds or oval shapes.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Let rest for 15-20 minutes in a proofing oven or a warm spot.
- Bake at 400 degrees, preferably on convection, for 15-20 minutes.